sure the whole abstraction thing is good but that means doing some database in wicket based on this example mandates learning some spring and some hibernate...meaning that the more paradigms the more complexity on setting up small web applications.

this is completely false. you should say "the more paradigms you dont know the more complexity on setting up small web applications."

-Igor

bah, ruby on rails is too complex imho. lets use coldfusion instead. i can knock out any app in coldfusion probably 2x the speed of you knocking it out in ror :)

-Igor