I guess it depends on what you're doing, but while I do have other
levels of testing, i.e. local WebLogic on WinXP & remote WebLogic on
Solaris, I've yet to come across anything that differs between Jetty &
WebLogic during my development use.
  While I'd certainly advocate final testing on the target platform,
my experience is that since Java 2 or so, "developing under one
platform and deploying into another" is a viable and realistic
scenario. Obviously, this excludes any JNI work, but most server-side
work should be fine.

/Gwyn

Download Wicket 1.2.2 now! - http://wicketframework.org