Nice work.  I made a few small changes and rephrased the first paragraph to
be even more specific.  Maybe it could be tweaked a little more, but I think
this sums it up better now:

"In Wicket, a model holds a value for a component to display and/or edit.
How exactly this value is held is determined by a given model's
implementation of the wicket.model.IModel interface. This interface
decouples a component from the data which forms its value. This in turn
decouples the whole Wicket framework from any and all details of model
storage, such as the details of a given persistence technology. As far as
Wicket itself is concerned, a model is anything that implements the IModel
interface, no matter how it might do that."

It does feel like this is the best place to show the IModel interface since
readers will be wondering what it looks like already.  It sounds scarier
than it is, so why delay?