i don't really understand what you're talking about because i don't know
your
requirements.  but don't forget two things: 1) the primary unit of reuse in
wicket is the panel and 2) you can put any component (such as a panel) in a
completely self-contained jar because of packaged resources.  if you just
want
users to be able to add panels that work on entities exposed through an API
maybe all you need is jarred panels.