sounds to me like what you need is indirection

something like

IComponentFactory { Component newComponent(String id, IModel model); }

then you can configure these in whatever context (in your case spring) and
inject those into pages/panels/etc and let them create children.

this is essentially the same as osgi or anything else would work. a "named"
component factory is an osgi service/spring bean/plugin/whatever

-igor