On 11/08/17 13:43, Christian Pock wrote:
> Hi Gui,
>
> you are right: IPv6 on olsr1 is no longer active on the majority of node that
> supported it earlier this year (or last year). Anyway, as far as I know the
> tunnel service "6in4" is still active, thus: as long as you are able to find
> a path on IPv6@olsr1, you might be lucky to get online.
>
> As of know, IPv6 is delivered by olsr2, as you already discovered on your own
> *thumbsup*. To get a clear view on what nodes support IPv6@olsr2, you can
> investigate the olsrv2info output or just look at these 2 links:
> http://ff.cybercomm.at/monitor/olsr2.php
> http://ff.cybercomm.at/map2/
>
> For some reason, not all routers running olsr2 are reachable via IPv6. As far
> as we found out, this is related to the  setting "WDS bridge" on
> Ubiquiti-Antennas running AirOS 6 or earlier (with must be enabled). So in
> case there's a node listed in the "olsr2 cloud", a missing WDS-bridge-enabled
> setting could cause that the node is not available (highlighted blue in the
> listing and map).

yeah, "WDS" must always be enabled on all bridges (in some AirOs
versions is called "Transparent bridge mode") or funny things happen in
IPv6 world

> Also, some nodes running olsr2 do not have a connection to the rest of the
> olsr2-could. That means, they are isolated without the uplink node
> broadcasting the default routes to ::0. Looks like gri102 is such a node :-(

sorry for the typo. I meant gri106.

> Recently I discovered also an issue related to the versions of olsrd2 daemon
> (oonf): most of the routers use version 0.13.0, which does not seam to work
> properly together with the most actual version 0.14.1: updating a node from
> 0.13.0 to 0.14.1 will isolate it. Details see this github issue:
> https://github.com/OLSR/OONF/issues/10

i'm using a seemingly old version 0.9.2:
stein712# olsrd2 --version
 OLSRd2 version 0.9.2
 Git commit: v0.9.2-archive

and i communicate OK with gri106 (and i get routes for 'gri121' and
'test') so i assume gri106 (and the others) are also using
olsrd2 <= 0.13.0

looking at the map you provided, and comparing with OLSR1 (ipv4) map:
http://ff.cybercomm.at/map/
an explanation would be that some ubiquiti in the way between 'gri106'
and 'mh' is missing the "WDS" / "Transparent bridge mode" activated

CC'ing here the tech-c of both nodes, to see if we can solve it together :)

> I hope this helps to explain the situation.
> To solve this for you, I propose to get in contact with the node owner/tech-c
> of gri106 and his/her uplink-partner.
>
> Stein712 has node-id=2843, that is 0xb1b.
> Your node's IPv6 user block therefore is: 2a02:61:b1b::/48.

perfect, will use that

Thank you so much Christian for all the debugging tools and information!
I was totally lost since it's the first time I use olsr2. That map and
status overview was invaluable.