On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 2:12 PM, Markus Kittenberger
<markus.kittenber...@gmx.at> wrote:
> my 2 cents are that bridges without WDS already cause ipv4 problems and not
> only issues with ipv6, so they should never have been used.
>
> Unfortunately i fear there are still quite a few of them in our network.

If I got the stories right the WDS (bridging) stuff was good in
tricking Olsrd1 believing a long range multihop (and well working
link) was a well working single-hop link.

This was definitely necessary in OLSRv1 because it had no concept of
link speed and neighborhood size.

But the real solution should be to make sure Olsrd2 measures the link
cost right... so if there are good examples of links Olsrd2 classifies
"too good", a modification of the metric would be the right thing.

Henning