Your procedure looks like it would likely work fine.

However, as I mentioned before [ http://www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg15331.html ], I would follow the bandstructure steps that w2web gives, which is most likely the following (as w2web might change them depending on what settings are activated):

Spin UP selected

create case.klist_band
x lapw1 -band -up -orb
x lapw1 -band -dn -orb
edit case.insp (insert EF)
x spaghetti -up

Then, Spin DOWN selected

x lapw1 -band -dn -orb
x lapw1 -band -up -orb
edit case.insp
x spaghetti -dn

Regarding DOS, you can also follow the steps that w2web gives.