Perhaps of interest.

Pine

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Koerner <ckoer...@wikimedia.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:31 AM
Subject: [Design] Design in the Era of the Algorithm
To: des...@lists.wikimedia.org

Josh Clark on design principles for addressing flaws in machine learning.
(via waxy.org)\

"The answer machines have an overconfidence problem. It’s not only a
data-science problem that the algorithm returns bad conclusions. It’s a
problem of presentation: the interface suggests that there’s one true
answer, offering it up with a confidence that is unjustified.

So this is a design problem, too. The presentation fails to set appropriate
expectations or context, and instead presents a bad answer with
matter-of-fact assurance. As we learn to present machine-originated
content, we face a very hard question: how might we add some productive
humility to these interfaces to temper their overconfidence?

I have ideas."

https://bigmedium.com/speaking/design-in-the-era-of-the-algorithm.html

Yours,
Chris Koerner