Just thinking out loud.. are we looking for actual race/ethnicity/etc data,
or is it rather that we're looking for whether someone belongs to an under
represented group in their specific situation? If it is the latter, there
may be ways to phrase the question without asking for actual demographics.

Stuart; do you have any indication for how large a portion that group is? I
am aware of public pages being potentially disguised as such, but wasn't
familiar with stories about this happening in a survey context (although it
does not sound implausible).

Best,

Lodewijk