Ilmari Karonen <> changed:

           What    |Removed                     |Added
           Keywords|need-review                 |reviewed

--- Comment #12 from Ilmari Karonen <> 2010-01-21 16:38:52 UTC 
(In reply to comment #10)
> This patch solves this bug for the GPS coordinates only without any change to
> the metadata format and leaving Exif::version() at 1. It simply re-encodes a
> GPS coordinate given as "degrees-minutes-seconds.fraction" as a single value
> "degrees.fraction". Other fields that should be arrays are not corrected.

I took a quick look at the patch and installed it on my own wiki.  It seems to
work OK, in the sense that the latitude and longitude are now shown included in
the metadata and displayed on the description page.  I also found that,
apparently, action=purge is now enough to fix existing images (although running
a maintenance script at some point still seems like a good idea).

The use of the toRational() method is a really ugly workaround, though.  I'm
not saying there's anything wrong with the method itself -- it seems to be
quite nice and well written -- but calculating a rational approximation of a
floating point value just so that we can pass it through a broken validator
method that expects a rational and then converting it back to floating point
seems ridiculous.  It would seem easier to just change the datatypes for those
tags to, say, Exif::ASCII and just store the float as a string.  Or add a new
Exif::FLOAT datatype.  Or perhaps Exif::SPECIAL or Exif::ANYTHING or

Configure bugmail:
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are watching all bug changes.

Wikibugs-l mailing list

Reply via email to