--- Comment #18 from Brion Vibber <br...@pobox.com> 2011-02-21 18:18:05 UTC ---
I got a little lost reading the backscroll here, but let me just summarize the
* invalid SVG file MUST be rejected on upload
* invalid SVG file that's already existing SHOULD be rejected from
rendering, but if it does render it's not the end of the world.
 by invalid I mean one or more of the following is true:
* not well-formed XML (ie, any error is thrown by XML parser)
* not well-formed namespaces (ie, an error is thrown by namespace-aware XML
parser about inconsistent or undeclared namespaces)
* root element isn't <svg> with expected namespace
* anything in the file violates our generic or SVG-specific safety checks
Non-rendering of broken files is not a bug; it's expected behavior. Affected
files should be fixed.
New files being uploaded that do not pass the validation checks *is* a bug, if
it's happening. Failure to live through our XML/SVG-specific checks MUST NOT be
overridden by some other generic check.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list