John,

thanks! I fully agree.
And this is indeed pretty much what we have in our data model.*
I think that we really need to get our draft mapping to RDF done, in order
to show that we align pretty much with this suggestion.

Cheers,
Denny

* well, we also add "density", but I think that is merely an oversight in
your suggestion, and you forgot to add something like
France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 property Density .

2012/4/6 John McClure <jmccl...@hypergrove.com>

> **
> Denny said:
> But if you find a simpler, and more RDFish way to express the (below)
> statement, please feel free to enlighten me. I would be indeed very
> interested.
> "The population density of France, as of an 2012 estimate, is 116 per square
> kilometer, according to the "Bilan demographique 2010"."
> A wiki namespace-based approach is:
>
> France has_subobject France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010
> France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 ^source "Bilan ...2010"
> France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 ^npkm2 116
> France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 Type Estimated
> France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 ^date 2012
>
> Key:
> France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 is a named subobject
> This subobject is so named to prevent subobject name collisions
> Subobject names follow pagename naming conventions
>  has_subobject is a reserved property name
> Density is an instance in a Type (or, Noun) namespace
> All properties prefixed by ^ are text properties
> ^source and ^date are Dublin Core properties (both text properties)
> Type is a Dublin Core property (an object property)
> Estimated is an adjective treated as a subclass of owl:Class
>  Estimated is an abbreviation of "Estimated Things"
> ^npkm2 is an SI unit (amount per sq km)
>

> *
>

> *

Project director Wikidata
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Eisenacher Straße 2 | 10777 Berlin
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de