Oh, that surprises me. Does this mean that the name of the subject is not
opaque, as with URIs [1]?
How do I know the relationship between
France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 and
Germany#Density:2009_pop_estimate_CIA_2010?

Sorry, again my own ignorance about topic maps shows. I am much better with
RDF and the rest of the W3C semantic web standards. When I said "property"
I meant something similar to rdf:property, which is part of the RDF
reification vocabulary [2].

But in this case I properly have to concede that I simply do not understand
how topic maps work. I thought you were giving triples (they sure looked
like triples) but then the semantics of the statement is suddenly encoded
in the subject identifier, and this just confuses me.

Sorry for any misunderstanding,
Denny

[1] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html#opaque
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#Reif

2012/4/6 John McClure <jmccl...@hypergrove.com>

> **
> Denny said:
> you forgot to add something like
> France#Density:2012_pop_estimate_Bilan_2010 property Density .
>
> No I did not forget anything, given the Density 'namespace' in the
> subobject name.
> IOW your triple merely restates what is discernible from the subobject
> name.
> Maybe you should tell me what a "property" property is supposed to
> represent
>
> At most I made a misstatement that "Estimated is an adjective treated as a
> subclass of owl:Class"
> It should say "as an instance of owl:Class"

Project director Wikidata
Wikimedia Deutschland e.V. | Eisenacher Straße 2 | 10777 Berlin
Tel. +49-30-219 158 26-0 | http://wikimedia.de