2012/8/13 Snaevar <snaevar-w...@gmx.com>:
> > For example:
> > * The interwiki bots' will definitely have to be modified for the
> > Wikidata age. Did anybody start a conversation with the operators of
> > these bots?
>
> MerlIwBot is the only bot that is compatible with Wikidata.

Is there any reason not to make the others compatible, too? IIRC, they
all use the same upstream pywikipedia code. Or am I naïve?

> Lydia has started a conversation with the operators of the bots that have
> volunteered to transit interwiki links to Wikidata.

Is it public?

> > * How will bots identify pages that use Wikidata?
>
> Is this http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:MerlIwBot/WikiData what you are
> looking for?

Well, probably. Probing Wikidata and seeing whether the page appears
there sounds reasonable. If everybody uses it, of course. What happens
if a bot doesn't behave well and does add a plain old interlanguage
link to a page that is already connected to Wikidata? Which link will
be shown to the reader - the old, the new, or both? And what to do
with the bot account - block it to make the operator notice that he
should upgrade?

--
Amir