Hi there,

I'm sorry - I really, properly am - for this spamming, but it's also
something that might interest the Wikidata developing team.

I and a couple of other users (if selected) are going to hold a
presentation at Wikimania 2014 about a project conducted by Wikimedia
Italy and the Europeana network of Ancient Greek and Latin Epigraphy
(EAGLE). The full description is here:
https://wikimania2014.wikimedia.org/wiki/Submissions/W%28iki%29B%28ase%29_laborem_solvit_laetus_merito:_Wikibase_and_Linked_Data_Applied_to_Greek_and_Latin_Epigraphy

TL;DR: Wikimedia Italy and EAGLE are using Wikibase extensions for
building up a database about Ancient Greek and Latin epigraphy,
getting the data from various universities and institutions... and the
thing is working! :) Of course, those data are in CC0, and there are
also plans to donate those data to Wikimedia community when the
Commons-Wikidata integration will be completed.

This should also be the first project outside the WMF perimeter to use
Wikibase for such a project (GerardM, please correct me if I'm wrong).
If you're interested in it, you might want to take a peek at it. :)

Sorry again for spamming!

Cheers,

--
Luca "Sannita" Martinelli