Hi Tim and Wikidatans,

Great and thanks. I noticed in your data a number of references to space
(e.g. spacecraft, etc), but am wondering if geo coordinates in Wikidata,
 are anticipating space and the galaxies in any way?

It what ways now would it be possible to interface with, for example, the
new astrophysics modeling software, Illustris?  See this MIT / Harvard
project ...

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2014/05/astronomers-create-first-realistic-virtual-universe/

http://www.illustris-project.org/

Are there any current examples of non-earth Wikidata and Wikipedia-coordinates,
for example?

Cheers,
Scott

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 7:10 AM, Kolossos <t...@alder-digital.de> wrote:

> Hello GerardM, all entries have a Wikidata-ID.
> So someone could start a bot...
> Greetings Tim
>
> Am 10.05.2014 16:04, schrieb Gerard Meijssen:
> > Hoi Tim.
> > Does many of the stuff you have have associated properties in Wikidata..
> > because it should be possible to import them using bots.
> > Thanks,
> >      GerardM
> >

> > On 10 May 2014 15:15, Kolossos <t...@alder-digital.de
> > <mailto:t...@alder-digital.de>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hello,
> >     so I have 3.5 Mio objects in my database that are coming from 42
> >     Wikipedias. There are also some objects from projects like
> >     WikiLovesMonuments. Wikidata contains only 1.2 Mio articles, but I
> hope
> >     this is only a question of time to have all objects.
> >
> >     The database is available on WMLabs now[1].
> >
> >     Each object on the map have pop-up and on the end of it there there
> you
> >     can find the source. I have in the moment a problem with nl.wp
> because
> >     they doesn't work in my source from User:dispenser[2].
> >
> >     The problem with kangaroo-isle was a missing icon, it works now.
> >
> >     Greetings Tim
> >
> >     [1]
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/maps-l/2014-April/001364.html
> >     [2]
> https://toolserver.org/~dispenser/cgi-bin/locateCoord.py?dbname=coord_nlwiki&lon=4.890444&lat=52.370197&range_km=10
> >

> >     Am 10.05.2014 10:46, schrieb Jane Darnell:
> >     > Kolossos,
> >     > Thanks for this work - it's fascinating to see the huge gaps in the
> >     > data and I was wondering if maybe this reflects the work of lots of
> >     > individuals who have input those properties by hand, or whether
> some
> >     > people have enabled clever bots for their regions that other
> regions
> >     > could reuse? (hopefully)
> >     >
> >     > I can see at a glance in the case of the Netherlands that not all
> >     > objects in the subclass lists that are in the English (or Dutch!)
> >     > Wikipedia with geo-coordinates are in the overlay maps, so I was
> >     > wondering how the data got in there. I was also interested to see
> some
> >     > slight incorrections in the coordinates for certain subclasses
> >     > (probably based on some older geocoordinate conversion software for
> >     > some specific database).
> >     >
> >     > Jane
> >     >
> >     > 2014-05-10 10:19 GMT+02:00, Tim Alder
> >     <t...@alder-digital.de
> >     <mailto:t...@alder-digital.de>>:
> >     >> Hello,
> >     >> I'm glad to can announce my last experiment working with Wikidata
> and
> >     >> Wikipedia-coordinates:
> >     >>
> [...]

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President
- http://scottmacleod.com/worlduniversityandschool.html
- World University and School - like Wikipedia with MIT OpenCourseWare (not
endorsed by MIT OCW) - incorporated as a nonprofit effective April 2010.