Hello,
I'm glad to can announce my last experiment working with Wikidata and
Wikipedia-coordinates:
http://tools.wmflabs.org/wp-world/wikidata/superclasses.php?lang=en

This list shows how many objects we have in different classes and
provide links to maps with only this specific class.

I think it's much more useful than in the past where 80% of our
coordinates were simply a "landmark". Now we have maps full with roller
coaster or with museums.

To create this tool I used properties "is instance of"[1] and "is
subclass of"[2]. To extract this properties it was necessary to use
"Wikidata Query".

Now all classes, where an object is a member, are in a numerical
array-element in the database. So with an index on this array it should
have a good performances.

Next steps are to try to bring more order inside this list and support
the community to create more "is instance of"-entries in Wikidata. (Only
30% off all objects have such an entry).

Greetings from Switzerland
Kolossos

[1]https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P31
[2]https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property:P279