On 2015-04-26 22:33, Gerard Meijssen wrote:
Hoi
My point is that it is not a given that we should follow any WIkipedia
for anything. Also the point of romanisation of Russian is not for the
benefit of Russian speakers, it is for the speakers of English.
Thanks,
      GerardM

On one hand, yes.

On the other hand, no reliable source uses ISO. When NYT writes about a Russian person, they do not use ISO, they use what the English Wikipedia uses or smth similar. In my passport, they do not use ISO (fortunately), why should then ISO be used on Wikidata in an entry about me?

Cheers
Yaroslav