Magnus's QuickStatements tool
   http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikidata-todo/quick_statements.php
can write about 5000 statements an hour at full tilt, so could add those 11,000 identifier values pretty quickly.

It looks like there's no problem slotting the PIC id into the relevant address to make a URL that works -- it would be no problem to specify this as the URL format for the property. And if/when a shorter form of URL were to become available it would be no problem to change to this, just by changing the URL formatter for the property.

  -- James.