Laura Morales wrote:

OK, just asked. Their reply was that they "reserves the right under
paragraph 3.3 of ODbL to release the database under different terms",
which is to say their data is NOT free because they want to control
how and where the data is used. Are we starting to see "free vs open"
all over again, this time with data instead of software?

This means we could re-publish the data openly once we actually get it but they make it hard to get their data :-(

I'd still try to be open about OpenCorporates and keep on asking them. If they don't switch to more open data sharing, they will likely be replaced, that's for sure. So work independently from OpenCorporates but keep compatible unless they actively reject to work with Wikidata in any way.

Cheers,
Jakob

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.v...@gbv.de>
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany