So User:Multichill has taken it upon himself to delete all of the catalog
entries for the Black Lunch Table. One of the first if not only successful
implementations of Wikidata as a task list for Wikipedia.

There are other initiatives also using catalog, which I assume will also be
deleted.

Beyond the fact that this destroys hundreds of hours of work, it also
negatively impacts outreach.

If there was an alternative to catalog that could be used that would be one
thing. If there was discussion about this action, that would also be one
thing. But this wholesale destruction of outreach is unacceptable.

https://www.wikidata.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/Multichill&offset=&limit=500&target=Multichill

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/User_talk:Multichill#Black_Lunch_Table

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Property_talk:P972#Abuse_of_this_property_for_original_research

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Requests_for_deletions#Artist_of_Black_Lunch_Table

I am beside myself. I have been heavily evangelizing Wikidata in its
integration with Wikipedia, especially multiple language Wikipedias.

This was such a hostile unconstructive act, I am beside myself.

This catalog tag was meant to be used to support various En Wiki outreach
initiatives which address gender gap and diversity on the projects. What
has happened here has very seriously negatively impacted that work.

I am asking for support here. If the property was not okay, which after
much discussion there seemed to be a consensus it was fine, then the
opportunity to find other solutions should have been made, versus deleting
all that work.

- Erika

*Erika Herzog*
Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle>*