Hi,

Le 19/05/2018 à 03:35, Denny Vrandečić a écrit :

Regarding attribution, commonly it is assumed that you have to respect it transitively. That is one of the reasons a license that requires BY sucks so hard for data: unlike with text, the attribution requirements grow very quickly. It is the same as with modified images and collages: it is not sufficient to attribute the last author, but all contributors have to be attributed.
If we want our data to be trustable, then we need traceability. That is reporting this chain of sources as extensively as possible, whatever the license require or not as attribution. CC-0 allow to break this traceability, which make an aweful license to whoever is concerned with obtaining reliable data.

This is why I think that whoever wants to be part of a large federation of data on the web, should publish under CC0.
As long as one aim at making a federation of untrustable data banks, that's perfect. ;)