Hi,

The Wikidata's ontology is a mess, and I do not see how it could be
otherwise. While the creation of new properties is controlled, any fool can
decide that a woman <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q467>is no longer a
human or is part of family. Maybe I'm a fool too? I wanted to remove the
claim that a ship <https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q11446> is an instance of
"ship type" because it produces weird circular inferences in my
application; but maybe that makes sense to someone else.

There will never be a universal ontology on which everyone agrees. I wonder
(sorry to think aloud) if Wikidata should not rather facilitate the use of
external classifications. Many external ids are knowledge organization
systems (ontologies, thesauri, classifications ...) I dream of a simple
query that could search, in Wikidata, "all elements of the same class as
'poodle' according to the classification of imagenet
<http://imagenet.stanford.edu/synset?wnid=n02113335>.