Hi David,

I know exactly what you mean -- tweaking the layout so that it looks
presentable. With me, I spend too much time trying to get that perfect
look and feel -- then I pop  over to a colleague who one of the newer
wide screen displays -- and then things don't quite look the same :-).

It comes with the territory of social networking. The upside is that
faculty and lecturers who struggle a little with the syntax and layout
acquire a new life skill to participate more fully in our connected
world. That said, its a tall ask for educators who are already
overloaded.

In addition to some of the solutions and ideas we've already
discussed, I wondering whether it would be possible to trial a
division of labour strategy for the layout and tidying up of content.
This is something DE institutions have done very successfully. The
idea is to assign the visual layout and fixing of syntax to someone
who has better skills in this area, saving time for lecturers to focus
on their content expertise.

Would it be possible to trial using student help for the layout etc on
a small pilot to assess whether this is a cost effective strategy?

Any solutions Otago come up with will be solutions of the rest of the
world starting out on this bold path.

Just a thought ...
Wayne