Just found this - might be a way to add ratings and/or promote the
"good stuff"

SezWho is a distributed context, rating and reputation system for
social media sites like blogs, forums, wikis, video/picture sharing
sites, discussion boards and anywhere else where people collaborate on
the web. SezWho is focused on delivering benefits to all stakeholders
in social media interactions
.. from the write-up http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sezwho/ -
Wordpress blogger is considering adding this

http://sezwho.com/

.Valerie