Hi Anil,

These are very important suggestions for our future strategic planning
--- Please add these suggestions to our strategic planning page here:

http://www.wikieducator.org/WikiEducator:WikiEducator_3.0

You're right there is a growing need for additional tutorials on helping
newbies with questions like where to start a new page --- we've made a
humble start here:

http://www.wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_tutorial/Developing_a_teaching_resource

but still lots of room for improvement and additional resources we can
develop to help newbies in becoming part of our community.

We definitely need to improve our structure and categorisation of
content in the wiki. We've made a start with the content info box
template -- but this is still prototype and we need to test its
functionality. Once we've tested and refined this template, we'll need
to develop supporting tutorials on its use. See, for instance:

http://www.wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_tutorial/Developing_a_teaching_resource/Inserting_an_Infobox

We're hoping to include improved content listings using portal pages for
the School sector, Higher Education, TVET and professional development,
see for example:

http://www.wikieducator.org/Portal:Primary
http://www.wikieducator.org/Portal:Secondary
http://www.wikieducator.org/Portal:Higher_Education .. etc.

However -- we still need to implement this properly.

I really like the idea of a monthly newsletter -- and it would be great
if we could identify a group of volunteers to assist with compiling a
community newsletter.

A while back we introduced a page starting to plot different roles in
the community -- perhaps we need to revisit and improve this concept.
All ideas welcome:

http://www.wikieducator.org/Wikieducator_Roles

Thanks Anil -- great suggestions. Lets get them implemented.