"Generation Instant Gratification" has never had to wait for anything.
We are challenged to accommodate the 24 / 7 world where today's
students live, work and learn. Being instantly available to head-off
serious problems is good. However, giving students the opportunity to
solve problems themselves, or asking classmates for assistance is
essential.
http://moodle.wikieducator.org/course/view.php?id=26

Questions for this topic
What works? What doesn't? What are we preparing our students for? What
role is technology playing in supporting us in this practice?

..vt