Hi Nellie,

I agree -- personally I prefer editing using wiki syntax.

The ability to edit in both ways (i.e. WYSIWYG and wiki syntax) would need
to be specified as a requirement. Currently te FCKeditor extension for
Mediawiki  enables authors to edit using standard wiki text.

We need to research the implications of setting the default choice in user
preferences.

Rest assured -- we'll keep the WE family posted with proper consultation.
This would also have implications for our training support which we'll need
to factor into the plans.