From:   Randy Fisher <wikira...@gmail.com>
To:     wikieducator@googlegroups.com
Date:   10/07/2010 09:42 AM
Subject:        Re: [WikiEducator] Open Business Resources
Sent by:        wikieducator@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Valerie - your raise a very important issue - and I believe that our
community ought to support an initiative like this.

I recall trying to get my hands on a Volunteer Handbooks - to support in
the business operations of a nonprofit - How difficult it was to find!
Contacting local businesses - they were loathe to part with any of their
cherished manuals (which are usually out of date by the time they're
printed, anyways - <smile>.

Eventually, community radio open source pioneer KRUU FM has shared its
Handbook, which I have added the the
http://www.wikieducator.org/Community_Engagement page. Also, over time, I
have been collecting resources related to Human Resources -
http://wikieducator.org/Category:Human_Resources

My thought is, that it would be great if we could get a school that has a
business program,  to develop some of its material on WE, and also start
leveraging that to get more resources, to support "Open Business". The
other part to this, is about the nature of changing business models in the
open space. Red Hat Linux comes to mind, and also the work we're doing in
WikiPublishing - www.wikieducator.org/WikiPublishing.

Great idea - let's get a cluster of folks together....and why reinvent the
wheel - use WikiEducator as a production environment, and other
communications technologies for rallying folks too!

- Randy