Hi All,

I had been using the Vector skin without even realizing it!

So far so good - but I agree with Valerie - I'd like to see the return, if
possible, of 'more options in the formatting menu'.

- Randy

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Vtaylor <vtay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I switched to the Vector skin. It worked well and looks nice. It is
> simpler in the basic non-Rich editor.
>
> I have switched back for my own use - I really like the basic editor
> with more options in the formatting menu and rarely use the Rich
> editor.
>
> However, others have suggested that the basic editor was too old-
> fashioned and presented a steep learning curve. WikiEducator really
> needed to offer WYSIWYG editing if it was going to get wider adoption.
> The Vector skin may be a step in that direction.
>

> On Oct 11, 10:59 pm, Wayne Mackintosh <mackintosh.wa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > For some time we've been thinking about changing the default skin (the
> look
> > and feel of the WikiEducator site - see:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Skin).

________________
Randy Fisher, MA, OMD
Senior Consultant, OD/Change Management, Social Media, E-Learning,
Collaboration & Performance
Intersol Group, Canada

Senior Consultant, Organization & Capacity Development
International Centre for Open Education / OER Foundation, New Zealand

Elected Member, WikiEducator Community Council, www.wikieducator.org
+1 613.722.5577 (EST)
Skype: wikirandy
*
Facilitating organizational learning, change, online collaboration and
engagement
*

   - Stakeholder/Community Engagement & Project Implementation
   - Change & Transition Management
   - E-Learning, Online Collaboration & Learning Communities
   - Social Media
   - Coaching & Facilitation
   - My Bio: http://www.communitybuildingexpert.com