Hi Will,

On 1/22/09, wjhon...@aol.com <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:
> I think Thomas there is some room for an encyclopedia which is written
> entirely by experts, and has no room for the input of commoners.
>
> However with Wikipedia online, that room isn't the internet.
>
> But when you buy a print encyclopedia like "Encyclopedia of Creepy Places
> Visit..." you don't want to read along and then encounter "This spooky house
>
> in DesMoines is where you're a fag fag fag six murders occurred."
>
> Wikipedia has changed the internet, but most of the lives of most people
> are
> lived off line.
>
> Will Johnson

Wow, this is the first time somebody has actually agreed with me on
this! :-) No, I'm only kidding, but it's pleasant and refreshing to
see that somebody supports the idea of getting experts actively
involved in writing an encyclopedia.

I don't hate Britannica, but they could do with being more open,
global, and diverse, like Citizendium. Citizendium is too bureaucratic
for my taste, though, while I find Wikipedia too open; hence, I
recently co-founded Epistemia (http://epistemia.org/).

—Thomas Larsen