Their main advantage in the current market is that their content is vetted.
Question is whether they can afford the staff to keep up with submissions,
and whether that value added is worth the price they charge for it.  The
market seems to be saying no.  And if they walk away from that strategy what
other working model is there?

http://durova.blogspot.com/