On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Carcharoth
<carcharot...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> As long as history doesn't come to an end, and new people keep getting
> born and (annoyingly) becoming notable enough for a Wikipedia article,
> there will always be a need for new articles.

Not to mention people's irritating and continuing habit of publishing
successful books, making notable films (running the risk of creating
notable actors and other staff), creating successful companies with
successful products, progressing with scientific enquiry, advancing
technology, releasing new software...

At this rate we'll never finish the encyclopedia. Once Wikipedia has
more cultural power I suggest we wield it to put a halt to all
activity until we've caught up. Once that's achieved I suggest that
all human endeavours are posted as requests through our OTRS and we
can tell the actor/scientist/inventor whether we are willing to allow
them to proceed (after we have assessed whether their activity is
liable to create something that meet our notability criteria) or
whether they must wait until we clear any current backlog.