My watchlist recently went over the 5,000 mark, but a handful of busy
talkpages and noticeboards dominate the recent edits on it. I've set
mine to ignore bot edits, and on the articles I'm interested in I
don't bother to check the edits by users I recognise.

I think flagged revisions would help as there are several vandal
magnets like [[Beaver]] that I would take off my watchlist if they
were protected by flagged revisions. At present on the rare occasion
when someone actually improves that article there are probably dozens
of editors who check that edit.

But the change I'd like to see to watchlists is an option to ignore
rolled back edits. If A has edited an article, b has then vandalised
it and C has reverted to the version edited by A then I'd really only
like to see A's edit on my watchlist.

werespielchequers