Ryan Delaney wrote:
> Somehow this thread became about RFA standards. What happened?

True. We seem to be missing the point that the trouble with the
Administrators Noticeboard is at least in part that it is a
"noticeboard", i.e. not a process for which there is a charter, but an
unchartered discussion forum. Any claims that "AN has the authority" to
do anything are complete nonsense, and admins act entirely as
independent, responsible agents whatever thread they are pivoting off from.

I don't see why this has to be the case, and have not done so for around
three years. The community can require more. In fact it should require
more. AN has long been something that should have been the subject of an
RfC.

Charles