On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:09 PM, David Levy <lifeisunf...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, there is.  Your methodology has been challenged

I don't recall any challenges, just people expressing their contempt
for external links, which is not a methodological challenge.

Or did you mean the issue about editing logged in versus logged out as
an anon? Obviously I did all my editing as an anon: if even an
anonymous IP can get away this kind of blatant vandalism just by
invoking the name WP:EL, then that's a lower bound on how much an
editor can get away with.

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Anthony <wikim...@inbox.org> wrote:
> Removing 100 random external links?  For a few weeks?  Then adding
> back the ones that deserve to be added back?

I think it's less questionable to just re-add all the links, no
questions asked about 'deserving'.

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net