Gwern Branwen wrote:

> I don't recall any challenges, just people expressing their contempt
> for external links, which is not a methodological challenge.

It's been asserted (not by me) that you selected an element poorly
representative of Wikipedia's content as a whole.

> Alright, fine, I will copy in my current writeup minus the list of
> targets and the yet to be conducted analysis.

Thank you.  That's helpful, but the idea should have been proposed and
discussed in advance.  As WereSpielChequers requested several days
ago, please cease any ongoing vandalism and undo whatever hasn't
already been reverted.  Then seek consensus for this experiment or
approval from the WMF.

> It's unfortunate that I am such a prominent figure and powerful
> thought-leader that hundreds and thousands of Wikipedians have even a
> tiny chance of mimicking my actions; but that's a risk you just have
> to take when you are as world-renowned as I am.

I meant that there would be nothing to stop multiple editors, whose
methodologies are unknown and unproven, from *unknowingly* duplicating
each other's efforts.

David Levy