Don't tell anybody ;-), but we won't (and cannot) check for Germany. Though
we'll certainly check all the images on the jury's top-100-list and remove
obviously ineligible pictures as we find them (we had one from Chicago, for
example).

I don't think it's a huge problem if there are some non-monument-pictures in
the contest categories, as long as they don't win a prize and are
categorized correctly, they don't hurt anybody and are useful for Commons.

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Strainu <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do you guys check if there are errors in the uploaded images and
> if the pictures are eligible to participate? Manually checking all the
> images is a little bit tedious for Romania (350 pictures), I don't
> even want to think what it would mean in France or Switzerland. Still,
> it will need to be done at some time.
>
> To make my life easier, I created [[Category:Cultural heritage
> monuments in Romania with errors]], where I place all the monuments
> that have obvious mistakes in the monument ID. What other filters do
> you have in place?
>
> I'm also thinking that maybe in the future we should have some
> JavaScript checks on the value introduced in the monument ID field.
>
> Thanks,
>  Strainu
>
> _______________________________________________
> Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
> http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu
>
_______________________________________________
Wiki Loves Monuments mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilovesmonuments
http://www.wikilovesmonuments.eu

Reply via email to