Congratulations to both the Hong Kong and London teams for tantalizing
bids.  I second the call for there to be some sort of London event
next year -- the energy that goes into a great bid should not go to
waste.  [and the # of people interested in attending such events
around the world keeps growing...]

I hope that reps from both of the finalist bid teams will make it to
Wikimania this year in DC.

SJ

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 8:15 PM, phoebe ayers <phoebe.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 4:52 PM, James Forrester <jdforres...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On behalf of the Wikimania 2013[0] selection Jury[1], I can announce
>> that we have awarded the conference to Hong Kong. Congratulations to
>> the bidding team, and to the London team who also did a particularly
>> excellent job.
>
> Congratulations to Hong Kong! And also congratulations to London, who
> had an excellent bid and team. I hope that London will still consider
> using all their bid preparation to host a great event in the coming
> year, and I am already looking forward to a fabulous Hong Kong
> Wikimania!
>
> And, as always, thanks to all the bidders, participants, and jury
> members -- a lot of work goes into the Wikimania process, and it is
> greatly appreciated.
>
> -- Phoebe

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266