I am sure you guys will finish with flying colors :)
That's great news Yuyu. I look forward us moving again to Asia to meet you guys

Flo

On 5/3/12 12:34 PM, Jeromy-Yu Chan (Jerry~Yuyu) wrote:
Halo Everyone

(Firstly, short statement on behalf the team)

Thank you for your congratulations, we honored that we are awarded to host the 9th global Wikimedia Conference. our team will work as best as we can, to facilitate such conference, and meet your expectations.

and we are lOOking forward to seeing you here in Hong Kong, and hope you will enjoy the conference!

(then a longer part of personal thoughts)

I recently read a story on Facebook:
Once upon a time, a boy behave badly in school, with very poor results
and his teacher told his father about the situation.

Then the father tell his kids, if the boy can get 0 mark in the exam
then the boy can do whatever he wants

But the boy found his way to get 0 marks, but actually he learnt all the correct answer in order to write down the wrong answer Then his father told him, actually the boy actually can finishes his school works with flying colors

<end of story>

Actually the Hong Kong bid was similar situations,
even you ask me about the possibility having a Wikimania in Hong Kong
I would tell you that's impossible.

Even when we start to "explore the possibility to have a Wikimania in HK"
I personally thinks that would be a process proving it is impossible

but more and more supports comes, more volunteers willing to helps.

Our fellow local team really fights bit and bit for support,
that's why they are so eager to get the bid,
because we all know that is not really easy to have such support
especially for group with almost every organizer is so young :)

Well, there is still a lot things to be done ahead
so better end my note here, and get back to work!

A BIG thank you to everyone involved in the bidding process, especially to all the bidding teams!