On 17/01/2010 11:13 AM, tom willis wrote:
To me, the cheif advnatages of Montreal over Toronto is the potential for government support, plus the bilingualism. (Wikimania Buenos Aires proved that a non-English speaking city can work and be a Good Thing). Given that Montreal's bis seems much more advancedthan any otehr Canadian city, I think we should all get behind it and support it. I am sure there is plenty that can be done to help the bid by those who live utside of Montreal.

Tom

In particular, something that would be immensely cool is some group travel thing allowing people from Toronto to travel to and attend cheaper than flying/driving on their own. It's probably a little far for a chartered bus, but maybe Via Rail can be coaxed into a group rate?

Also, I expect some of the potentially interesting corporate sponsors have their HQ in Toronto; my experience has shown that begging for money is best done in person.

-- Coren / Marc