Thank you for the suggestion Casey, but we believe the Google Groups
interface will suite us better.

I encourage you to join the Wikimedia Canada Chapter mailing list:

To join go to http://groups.google.com/group/wmca-public and click join on
the right hand side; alternatively send an e-mail to
wmca-public+subscr...@googlegroups.com.  I am available by Skype or
Telephone if you wish to discuss these concerns or need assistance in
signing up on the list.

On 19 March 2011 18:11, Casey Brown <li...@caseybrown.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Alan Walker <fasta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes Casey, we have no access to the list Administrator and we require the
> > ability to manage the official list where mainly member discussions will
> be
> > taking place.  We're up to about 23 members now and are looking for a
> > members managed list.  Additionally, we are transitioning from being a
> > chapter in planning to an operating chapter.
>
> Had you contacted the original owner of the list?  (Zanimum/Nicholas
> Moreau)  I'm sure he would've been happy to give you the password.  If
> he wasn't contactable, you could've created a bug and asked us to
> reset the password.
>
> You guys are free to choose to use a different platform from mailman,
> of course.  I just thought it was strange and I'm not a big fan of
> unnecessary moves. :-)
>
> --
> Casey Brown
> Cbrown1023