James and Casey contacted me (separately) today, asking for me to make
the list accessible. I've let Casey and Delphine know that they can
try and reset the password; I can't find a trace of it in my mailbox.

Until they did, I wasn't aware that the mailing list was an issue at
all. People subscribe, they mail the list, it gets distributed. People
send to the list without being a member, it gets blocked as spam.
Except for one spam message that got through (likely because the legit
member was phished), what more do we want?

Beyond all that, things should be planned on wiki, announced on
mailing list, I agree.

But if all we're doing is announcing the new hot discussions, on the
WMC mailing list, how does this new mailing list help? It could have
features up the wazoo, but it wouldn't matter, because all we're doing
is getting people to go to the wiki to discuss.

Additionally, this new mailing list required people to sign up to view
the list. Why? Hiding our process serves no benefit.

Nick