Peaceray,

What titles are being imagined here? Confirm if I am correct:

The organization has a board. The board has five members. Titles required
in Washington are president, vice president, secretary, and treasurer. Any
other titles are optional. All people on the board are officers in addition
to any other titles they have. The board serves the organization's
membership and staff, and people in those groups can have any titles they
choose, like "(non-board) president", "director", "program manager",
"volunteer", or anything else.

I am having trouble understanding "*This might be useful, for example, if
the President and Treasurer are not board members and the Board wishes to
have them serve on the Audit Committee"* because the board has to have a
president and treasurer, right?