Hello,

Thanks for writing in.

I expect that different people can contribute different parts of this, but
to start, are you able to secure a location? When do you expect to confirm
one?

You say that you are a library student. It helps at these events if someone
is able to bring curated information to the event which would be good to
share, like books or articles which can be cited. Are you able to collect a
few books and papers to recommend for people who need source information to
develop articles? If you can do that, then that firms up the theme of the
event.

Thanks for speaking up.

yours,

On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Lou Wainer <wai...@uw.edu> wrote:

>  Dear Cascadian Wikimedians,
>
> Hi! I recently joined the group and wanted to introduce myself: my name is
> Luiza, I'm a library and information science grad student at the UW in
> Seattle. Originally from Brazil, I have a background in Art Librarianship
> and a particular interest in computer-supported collaboration tools (even
> though my Wikipedia editing skills are still very rough).
>
> I’m planning on organizing an Art+Feminism edit-a-thon at the UW in early
> March (the 4th or the 11th, depending on confirmation of the location). As
> a way to make the event salient to our community, the idea is to focus on
> editing entries related to Indigenous art and Indigenous women artists. I’d
> love to enlist your expertise in organizing the event and invite the group
> to be an affiliated sponsor.
>
> Please let me know if you are interested in getting involved. Any
> suggestions and recommendations are more than welcome!
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Lou Wainer
> MLIS Candidate
> iSchool, University of Washington