My understanding of this line of argument was that images would be displayed
where you would expect them to be displayed (e.g. the article on penis or
vagina would naturally include a picture of a penis or vagina), but wouldn't be
immediately displayed where you wouldn't expect them (e.g. if you want to find
information on necklaces made of pearls).

Whether that is called 'principle of least surprise' or 'principle of least
astonishment' or something else is semantics...

Thanks,
Mike