I support the email of Charles.

I would invite you to take in consideration a more flexible model and to give the role of the chair or vice-chair to the chapters (may be rotating the functions) and not to a single person.

Afterwards the chapter may decide who will be the person in charge, but this would be an internal decision limited to the chapter.

This solution will help to share different points of view and to give relevance to the chapters and not to people.

This solution will help also to avoid personal discussions (the chapter may substitute the person in charge) and may focus the efforts in more productive discussions.

I would say that it has been considered relevant the Iberocoop model but this model has its own weaknesses, it's a good start but it's not a valid model (and I think that Iberocoop members are aware of that).

In any relevant confederation the rotation is the most used solution. In Europe for instance the presidency of the Council of EU is in charge of each member but I would give the example of Switzerland (and the Switzerland is a confederation since XIII century):

/President and Vice President rotate annually, each Councillor thus becoming Vice President and then President [...]. The President is not the Swiss head of state//, but he or she is the highest-ranking Swiss official. He or she presides over Council meetings and carries out certain representative functions that, in other countries, are the business of the//head of state//. In urgent situations where a Council decision cannot be made in time, the President is empowered to act on behalf of the whole Council. Apart from that, though, the President is a /*/primus inter pares/*/, having no power above and beyond the other six Councillors/[1]

Please have in mind these words: "Primus inter pares".

So I invite you to help and to support a migration to a new model more flexible, more decentralized and more focused on the needs of the chapters.

Regards

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primus_inter_pares#Switzerland