Thomas Dalton, 25/02/2013 10:50:
On Feb 25, 2013 9:41 AM, "James Alexander" <jameso...@gmail.com> wrote:
Err .... ok, I'm sorry but this actually moves to the realms of scary. You
require the new Council member to send in a statement ... pledging loyalty
essentially? I don't see anything in the charter that would require
something like that, is it in your remit as chair? Sadly that just sounds
like a way to force out reformers, if you don't support the charter you
can't join the council? How do you expect to get things to change when
necessary?

I'm hoping that was just a poor choice of words and Fae doesn't mean they
have to support the charter, just that they have to agree to follow the
charter. If they do have to support the charter, then that is excessive and
undesirable.

Again, I'm unable to grasp the supposed difference, is this a native speakers-only point or does it carry some actual relevance? Adhering to, following or supporting the charter all mean the same to me. The charter includes rules for its democratical reformation...
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Chapters_Association/Charter#Section_A:_The_Association>

Nemo