Dariusz Jemielniak, 25/02/2013 16:59:
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Federico Leva (Nemo) <nemow...@gmail.com>wrote:

Of course it can legitimately represent only its members, while Jan-Bart
suggests to claim that it somehow represents also non-members that don't
mind participating in its discussions, by pretending they were invited to.

just a thought: if we substitute "represent" with "serve", we get much
better results, no?

Not in my sentence above; perhaps in someone else's, as Markus said (25 Feb 2013 17:08:40 +0100). That's an unfortunate confusion, I'm glad that the chapters association didn't make this mistake.

While I am not entirely certain if all chapters require
"representation" (frankly, it may probably make sense only in terms of
relations with the WMF, I don't imagine, at least now, chapters from all
over the world suddenly needing external representation), clearly all
chapters need support.

Sure.

Nemo